Thursday, June 23, 2011

Prose for He who has taken my ashes

There is something less broad trying to widen inside of me
like yeast, rising
truth expanding,
yet becoming more narrow
The manner in which I am allowed to walk is becoming more defined
by Him who refines and DEFINES all truth.
My options become fewer as my flesh again assesses it's "fleshliness".

I am reminded that in my sin, nothing good could be found-a little leaven
leavens the whole lump.
Only because of HIM am I redeemed and redeemed UNTO Him
that He might take His glory in some small way.
My personal gain is simply a bi-product of His mercy.
Let not the pride of my flesh put conditions on my faithfulness to You Lord..

Your sheer holiness, even the small glimpse that I have, is enough to weaken my knees
make my spirit bow in adoration
Your holiness before me makes all things peripheral
I become singular in purpose
The narrow road stretches out before me
My Bride-groom Redeemer awaits at the end

I fix my gaze

Our eyes lock

He is my purpose
I will stay the course
finish the race
let the chaff fall from my shoulders
welcome the chisel
fight for this love
engage in the battle against my self
to become wholly owned by Him
who has wiped these ashes from my face
to see beauty
where no beauty could be found

end~

No comments:

Post a Comment